New integration helps institutions easily create, issue and manage student IDs and credentials
Blackboard, a global leader in education technology, and Entrust Datacard, a leading provider of trusted identity and secure transaction technology solutions, recently announced the launch of the Datacard® TruCredential Blackboard edition software suite – an easy solution for creating, issuing and managing student IDs and credentials. This new integration between Datacard TruCredential and the Blackboard Transaction System empowers institutions to meet a wide range of application requirements, from basic photo IDs to high-assurance credentials.
With the browser-based TruCredential suite, Blackboard Transaction System users will be able to easily scale from a single workstation or user to a multi-workstation application with more functionality. Other advantages of TruCredential software include:
- Easy-to-use:As a browser-based software, institutions are able to use TruCredential anytime, anywhere. Operators can design new ID cards quickly with intuitive, drag-and-drop design templates and workflows. Or, migration templates allow for the smooth transition of designs from ID Works® identification software into TruCredential.
- Configurable:Institutions are able to create custom design templates and workflows to meet their specific needs. Operators can then work independently with these established templates and process flows. Institutions can also create unique user profiles to enhance the security of their programs and give appropriate access to the right people.
- Easy-to-Deploy:Institutions can install and license on a single server, then remotely deploy and manage users and data.
- Enhanced Features:Pre-built smart card configurations are available and easy to set up through the user interface. Institutions can keep track of their issuance programs with comprehensive reporting.
- Part of a complete solution:TruCredential software is engineered to work as part of an integrated system with Datacard® printers, supplies and support.
- Compatible with the latest technology:All editions of TruCredential software work with the latest technology, including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, Active Directory Systems and RESTful Web Services.
“Entrust Datacard is a leader in secure identity and issuance solutions worldwide,” said Marc Rubner, vice president, campus enablement at Blackboard. “Through our new partnership, we will deliver an innovative and easy-to-use solution for card design, issuance and management that will meet our clients’ needs.”
“We’re excited to offer this comprehensive TruCredential integration with Blackboard,” said Dan Sanden vice president, software product management for Entrust Datacard. “The solution transforms the card issuance process and enables universities to convey their brand — vibrantly — through the student ID.”
To learn more, register for Blackboard and Entrust Datacard’s upcoming webinar on the future of orientation ID issuance: https://webinars.on24.com/Blackboard/GenZ.