About Conferences & Events
ECCA’s annual conference brings together a variety of campus card professionals from a wide array of disciplines. The conference has developed into the single most important opportunity to learn about the latest technological advances and business practices of implementing, operating and expanding a successful card program.
Each year ECCA strives to offer a conference that is filled with opportunities for you to learn from colleagues, corporate members and fellow attendees. This year will be no exception. We have analysed your feedback from previous conferences and this year we have a created a conference that will match and surpass your expectations.
The inaugural conference was hosted by Waterford Institute of Technology in Ireland in June 2002. The aim of this three-day event was to promote the advancement of the rapidly developing card, biometric and transaction security technologies. This conference, which was attended by over 200 delegates from 17 European Countries, was an outstanding success. Seminars and workshops presented by expert speakers from Europe and the US covered a wide range of issues relating to campus cards. There was also an exhibition where over 30 companies attended and displayed their products.
One of the key elements of the card conference in 2002 was the Special Meeting of the European Campus Card User Group. A strong recommendation emanating from this meeting was that a European Campus Card Association be formed to act as a forum for the exchange of information and experience and to assist the development of smart card applications on campuses. Eugene McKenna of Waterford Institute of Technology in Ireland, was requested to coordinate the establishment of a steering group to prepare the way forward in this regard and to process recommendations at the next conference scheduled to be held in London in 2003.
The main role of this group is to explore the most suitable structure for a European Campus Card Association (ECCA). The group today comprises of representatives from the following countries - Poland, Ireland, Sweden and Austria. Since the inaugural conference held in 2002, the other conferences have been held in:
- 2019 - Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
- 2018 - Wageningen, Netherlands
- 2017 - Birmingham, UK
- 2016 - Wrocław University of Technology, Poland
- 2015 - Czech Technical University, Prague
- 2014 - University of Cantabria, Spain
- 2013 - University of Porto, Portugal
- 2012 - Lund University, Sweden
- 2011 - University of West England, Bristol, UK
- 2010 – Waterford Institute of Technology, Waterford, Ireland
- 2009 – Radisson Hotel, London Stansted Airport, London, UK
- 2008 – Technical University of Lodz, Poland
- 2007 – Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
- 2006 – Linkoping University, Sweden
- 2005 – London
- 2004 – London
- 2002 - Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
Conference Presentations are available to ECCA members and conference attendees.
Please email us if you require a copy.